Apr 26, 2012

kelly wearstler groundworks fabrics


i've been in love with these fabrics for a long time.



on a recent visit to the showroom here in slc, i got to look at them in person.
if you have never used a high-end fabric in your home before, you should consider buying a pillow in your favorite designer pattern. i promise it is worth the cost... the fabrics are thick and have a great "hand" (or feel) to them. i think that just as a great accessory or handbag can really elevate or transform an outfit, a great pillow in a fabulous designer fabric can transform  an entire room.
shown above are "ombre maze" in teal and "katana" in jade/teal.

i REALLY loved this pattern. it's called "agate".
i am already dreaming of how i can use this in my house. i think it would
look great on my ottomans.

the colors on this fabric ("oblique") were perfection. i kinda have a thing for a deep,
mustardy yellow. i love the diagonal stripes, and would love to have a very tradtitional
french chair upholstered in this quirky velvet stripe...of course, knowing me, i would 
look for a striped fabric that wasn't $370 a yard and put that on a diagonal! 

you can shop for kelly wearstler groundworks fabrics at inside fabric.

8 comments:

  1. Great fabrics. I am doing a law office and some of the calmer patterns would work...I like the others for my home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo. some of these would look sexy in a law office! well, as sexy as a law office can get...
      :)

      Delete
  2. How can one buy these fabrics? I know decorators/designers have them, but how can I buy fabric for pillows, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really gorgeous fabrics. I love fabric and often buy just enough for a pillow, it totally makes a room. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love several of these fabrics! Thanks for sharing. I tried your link to shop for them and got an error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the heads up! i think i have it fixed now.
      :)

      Delete
  5. Isn't her fabric to die for? She's at the top of my list {with Bobby McAlpine!} as one of my inspirations and all time fav designers. They have a very different aesthetic, but they are both so brilliant. I just adore her fabric, the agate is stunning. Would be lovely on the ottomans!
    x

    ReplyDelete