Apr 28, 2010

mine...all mine!

i have a slowly growing pile of
thrift store finds in my garage that
i plan to use for my "new" house.
did you see the mirror and chairs that
dayka featured a few weeks ago?
i found this williams sonoma mirror (minus the mirror)
at the downeast outlet store for $20,  and the 
chairs at a thrift store for $30 each)
well, meet the newest addition 
to my pile:
i was smitten with the metal on this
chair, and thought it would made 
the perfect office chair for me! of course it needs to 
be reupholstered, and there are a few rusty spots,
but nothing that a little tlc and some vision can't fix.
an ebay find, it is slowly making it's way
to me from new jersey...
at least it won't be lonely in my garage!
there are plenty of "friends" to keep it company.

11 comments:

  1. I sorta want to beat you up and steal your gray tufted chairs with the caning! ;) I'm so jealous! Does this make me a blogging bully?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth,
    you know what we should do? i am terribly jealous of a few other bloggers out there who have found some real GEMS...we should bring all our stuff and have a big brawl! the winner gets first dibs!
    :)
    and no, you are not a blogging bully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goodness!

    that office chair is a FIND!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a completely fabulous chair, girl. fab. it will be great as an office chair, too. can't wait to see how you recover it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might have to beat both you and Beth up for those chairs, lol!
    I cannot believe you found them at a thrift store! I am so loving the orange chair. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowza!

    what a one of a kind find for you. love that chair! and yes, i did see dayka's scores as well. i'm driving by both of your garages this wknd to snatch the finds! ;)

    can't wait to see the finished look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Autumn, you are such an inspiration with your examples of how to find inspiration in the most unlikely ( and affordable) items...thank you so much for sharing your talents.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've scored some really awesome thrift store stuff! How exciting and I can't wait to see how you use it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see what you do with the grey chairs. My grandmother had two of them, they now have been split and live across the county in two of my brother's homes. I have emailed them both and am trying to get them to my home. I might just copy the rehab project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am in-LOVE with the grey tufted chairs. and the price-what! makes me want to go thrifting more, haven't in a really long time. what a score!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love love the grey tufted chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete