Jul 18, 2011

ottoman pairs

a pair of anything in a room can add balance and interest. i really love the way a pair of ottomans looks in a room. they are very versatile and can be used in place of a single ottoman or a coffee table, and can be moved around the room as extra seating. take a look at some of my favorites:
decorpad windsor smith
here, a pair of ottomans take the place of side tables.
decorpad mansion 21
these zebra ottomans look so pretty tucked under this table, and can be ready at any moment for an impromptu seat.
 caitlin creer
i love the way caitlin used these round ottomans in the same way...the nailhead trim really adds some texture and interest.

 candace olsen


these simple square ottomans can be moved around as needed for seating.

 decorpad via bryn alexandra


x-base stools add a nice dose of white.

decorpad

 amoroso design via decorpad


 nate fowler via decorpad


i love to use stools at the foot of a bed.
 urrutia desing via decorpad


william hefler vis decorpad

decor pad, Jeffry Weisman and Andrew Fisher
do you have a favorite way to use a pair of ottomans?


6 comments:

  1. Love all these pairs! I would love a pair of x base stools for the end of my king size bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely agree! nice examples. i especially like them in a dressing room or at the end of a bed.

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I think my ♥ melted once I saw the zebra ottomans. I've been wanting to add two under my entryway console for a while now. I've just been battling with the high cost of zebra hide. I might consider using zebra printed cowhide to cut down the cost a bit. I'll let you know how that goes!

    By the way, as you know, I ♥ your blog. Would you mind if I added it to my blogroll?

    XO,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love matching ottomans and I'm thinking they would be a good thing to incorporate into my small living room. I do already have two white Moroccan ottomans from my trip there last year, but they are different sizes, which doesn't give quite the tailored elegant look these do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo...you're wearing off on me! I found the wood legged "trapezoidal" storage ottomans at Meijer about a month ago at 50% off ($25). They had red, gold, apple green, and black with taupe print (trapezoidal). I bought two of the black for our family room in place of a coffee/cocktail table. I knew it was the right thing to do, and this post confirms it for me. :)

    I also purchased a green one for our daughter's bedroom that I'm in the process of putting together. I've talked myself into a particular wall color for her room after seeing it in several of your posts. In my mind, it's going to work.

    Thanks, Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like x base stools in front of a fireplace or in front of a bed! ;)

    ashley

    ReplyDelete