its a beauty, huh?
actually, the original green tiles are pretty cool, but when mixed with the oak over -the- toilet- cabinet, the plain jane vanity, and the pink tub, it's all just a bit depressing.
this couple hired me to help them make some decisions for an upcoming remodel. (a previous client referred them to me!) they live in a townhouse in a large city, and have two small children. this bathroom is not only the bathroom that their kids use daily, but also functions as the main floor bathroom.
here is the design plan i came up with, after we talked on the phone:
what we discussed during our hour phone call to go over the pinterest board i created for them:
1. replacing the vinyl flooring with dark tile.
2. replacing the tub and tile around the tub with new 4 x 4 tiles, in an offset pattern, and taking the tiles all the way to the ceiling. (they were currently down about 10" from the ceiling)
3. removing the oak cabinet, and installing open shelving.
4. new lighting, toilet, faucet and mirror.
5. replacing the boring vanity with a wood one with some open shelving. adding decorative baskets for some pretty and functional storage.
6. adding bead board to the walls. (great when you have kids and/or a high traffic area!)
7. painting the walls a dark charcoal color for some drama.
as you can see, a few small elements in the room were changed due to time and budget constraints, but otherwise, the room is a pretty close match to our design plan!
my clients sent me updates as this project unfolded, and i was really excited to finally receive pictures of the finished room!
the bathroom went from dreary, dated, and dingy, to fresh, bright, and classic!
want to work together to make a space in your home more functional and fresh?
email me at email@example.com and lets get started!
you can read more about my services here: