i will be honest. at the end of last week, i wasn't sure how many things on my TO DO list were actually gonna get DONE.
the good news is....
a lot has happened! (a LOT of painting, at least)
(even though the room has been a disaster for the last couple of weeks, i feel like humpty dumpty is finally getting put back together again.)
the biggest thing....the custom swinging bookcase was fabricated and installed.
it is "hidden" from the front....but when you remove a small dowel from the top shelf, it swings open to reveal a "secret" room. (sorry...i know these pictures are terrible!)
the bookcase was installed "raw", and was primed and painted. (and i was reminded of how much i detest priming and painting bookcases. UGH! i would way rather paint 4 rooms than a single bookcase! i am glad it is over.)
i painted the dresser. (still need to paint the stripes)
installed the new hardware. (the pulls just barely arrive yesterday!)
i sanded and painted the vintage char, and reattached the cushion.
i also nstalled some hardware on the ikea malm nightstand. i was considering adding some legs, but it was going to be too much of a project, and i decided my energy would be better used elsewhere.
i did some touch up and rub and buff on a thrift store mirror that i picked up a while back for $17!
the mirror and the bulletin board were hung.
i also settled on the DESK. it is from target, (i painted the drawers) and is a great size and i love that it has a couple of drawers.
i ordered some metal hairpin legs from etsy, and when they arrive, i will swap them out for the x frame base.
a look at the entire room:
still to do:
make and install the frame/support for the canopy
install canopy and back curtain
install the sconces
swap out desk legs
yeeeee-haw! its going to be a busy weekend, but i will see you back here next week with the official AFTER!