Aug 27, 2010

white kitchens: a touch of modern

i've seen this kitchen dozens of times 
and it still stops me in my tracks.
the light coming in from those windows is marvelous, 
and the lighting is unique and fabulous.
such clean lines.
modern country at it's best.
love the paneled ceiling,
and the simplicity of this kitchen.
i had to include this...
the shelves over the windows is not  something you see very often,
and done very well here.
hey! more wood countertops!
this one totally reminds me of dean and deluca.
clean, simple, modern and there is something
utilitarian about it as well. me likey.
hello gorgeous orange tile backsplash!
don't you love the orange and the soft blue together?
so refreshing.
i like the way the two cabinets finishes
were integrated in this one.

***
i can't believe that the first week of school is over.
i had a list of about 37 things that i was going to
get done while the kids were at school, and so far 
i have managed to cross of about 6 from my list. 
ah well. 
i also enjoyed getting to do a few things that
were NOT on my list.
like hanging out at target.
for an hour.
(when all i came to get was a few sweet potatoes) 
like taking a nice long walk.
by myself.
without a stroller.
and a bored child.
like going out to lunch with my sweet husband.
twice.
yes, a meal alone.
and we weren't paying someone to watch our kids.
("day dates" are great.)
life is good.
and now, back to those 31 "other" things
i need to get done.
happy weekend friends!

3 comments:

  1. The orange tile and blue walls made me gasp! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay. life is good! love these kitchens. my favorite room ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite kind of kitchens.

    I was so wishing I was in SLC for a shopping trip I'll have you know. Back in the day I used to frequent Down East Home next door to that TJ Maxx on 123rd in Draper.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete