Sep 24, 2010

diy succulent arrangement

the lobby i am working on needed something a small, 
low maintenance arrangement for one of the tables,
so i offered to throw together a 
succulent arrangement.
here is what you will need:
a dish/bowl 
(i got this aluminium one at tj maxx)
some succulents 
(mine are from ikea, but they are available 
anywhere with a nursery)
river stones
(mine are from the dollar store)
 i got three packs of stones---
one with larger stones, and two with small. 
i put the larger stones on the bottom, and then
one pack of the smaller stones on top.
 carefully empty  each pot and 
arrange it in your container.
use the last pack of stones to cover up the dirt.
the stones also help secure the plants.
all finished! 
not only does a succulent arrangement add
a nice dose of green to a space, but it only needs to
be watered every 7-10 days.
easy to make, easy to maintain,
and easy on the eyes.

8 comments:

  1. I love that bowl! And I also love how low maintenance the plants are! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart succulents. I think they are perfect for organized people because they don't get too wild looking. They are always very self contained looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today and I am so excited about it! I love all the reno's you did to house #5! So beautiful! I thought it was so funny, I grew up in Ut. and have always wanted to live in TN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to have you sunshine's design!
    you would love tennessee---it is absolutely beautiful, especially at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique display! Very low maintenance which I like!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! I shared two succulent bowls a couple of weeks ago! Very similar!
    http://theoldpostroadblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/succulents-in-bowl-quick-how-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love the way that this turned out. The pebbles add the perfect finishing touch! :) Hope you'll stop by my blog when you have time! :) Maybe share a vignette or two on fridays! :) Take care, Artie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love succulents (because I neglect plants). This is a pretty arrangement! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete