Sep 22, 2010

more window treatments

oops!
i almost forgot to post these.
this is one dressed up window!
LOVE the smocking detail at the top.
and the banding at the bottom.
and aren't the roman shades fantastic?
wowza.
there's a lot going on here, but it works.
i thought this one was really interesting. 
the soft curve at the top
is really beautiful, and you know i'm a sucker for a little
dose of trim. and --hello!! i am completely in love with
the nailhead trim on top.
must. copy. sometime.
i have had this picture since, like, 1997.
i love that the valances are hung from the 
ceiling by little "hooks"...
not something you see very often.
simple, formal, and with a great curved top.
i couldn't resist this large scale gingham in yellow.
it's just so...so...happy.


2 comments:

  1. I think there must be something wrong with me. Even though I can see the beauty in these rooms I think I'd go nuts with all that heaviness around the windows. I particularly dislike the first one which covers up most of the window.

    Is there a 12-step program for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. erin,
    i am so with you. i like all the detail in a lot of these window treatments, but a lot of them are a little on the "heavy" side. i like maximum light coming in as well...unless it's the bedroom, then i want maximum light CONTROL.

    ReplyDelete