Feb 22, 2013

latest lighting purchases...

building a house means buying a LOT of stuff. (i have piles of boxes in my house right now, and i LOVE it!) i have been trying to slowly buy light fixtures and plumbing fixtures over the last few months to spread out the cost.

here are my latest lighting purchases:
i originally thought i wanted to put it in my laundry room, but i am also considering putting it in my oldest daughters room or even the entry.

it is really BIG, but the finish on it isn't ideal...it has a slight copper tinge to it that i don't LOVE, but once it is up, i don't think it will be very noticeable.


i also bought two of these for my mudroom:
seriously, how great are these lights? they look a lot like a few from circa lighting that i have been coveting for--ever, but they are only $129 each!
i had been searching for something that had some personality, was just a little bit quirky, and had at least 2 bulbs. most of the ones that i have been considering were only one bulb, and i was worried that i needed a little more light in the mudroom. i was so happy to come across these!

sorry i haven't posted a construction update post in a while! the last few weeks have been really, really busy. my husband and i have been installing the hardwood floors and it is brutal work. in fact, it kinda reminds me of being pregnant...the process can be messy, it takes FOREVER, and it makes you really, really tired, but it is SO worth it in the end!



6 comments:

  1. I bought that honeycomb chandelier a month ago and it still is waiting to be hung. I love that it has 5 bulbs. It is huge. I also don't love the finish so I'm considering rub n' buff. I love watching your house come together. Good luck with the floors. I love that you are a girl that is not afraid to do difficult things. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Keep on truckin' girl I know the result will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost buy that second light every time I go to Home Depot! Love it! Can't wait to see everything come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet they will cast the neatest shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy very nice web site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .
    . I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also?
    I'm satisfied to seek out a lot of useful information here in the put up, we'd like work out more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

    Here is my blog post ... http://Www.Webdirectory.Com.pt/articles/article-9415.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im loving watching your progress Autumn, my husband & I are about to start buiding a new home as owner/builders !!!
    Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete