Jan 10, 2012

a touch of houndstooth

it was loud at my house last night.
very loud.
my husband is a huge alabama crimson tide fan, and they were playing lsu in the
 bcs championship game last night. there was a lot of cheering and clapping, and yelling at the referees, and....
celebrating! yep-in the first shut-out in a bcs championship game since ever, alabama beat lsu  21-0. 
which is s BIG deal if you're into football. (which i am not, but i AM into my husband!)

one of the past coaches, bear bryant, used to wear a houndstooth hat, and it has become a 
signature print for the team.
SO, in honor of the win (and for my very excited husband), here are a few pretty rooms with a touch of houndstooth.

 a gorgeous room with just the right amount of print from the very talented caitlin creer.

i adore this room, designed by jonathan adler via house + home. kinda wishing the image was bigger so i could bask in it's loveliness without my eyes going buggy...

this is a preppy chic room by marshall watson, featured in  house beautiful.
that striped rug and two acrylic tables are perfect!

houndstooth double-duty.
love the trim on the drapes too.
via bhg.

i really like how this green geometric pillow perks up the brown houndstooth on this chair.

it's hard to look at this room without being happy. there is a lot going on here, but it all works so well.
apartment therapy
thèse matching chairs are a nice pop of pattern in this pretty neutral room.

i really like these black built-ins, and the touches of houndstooth on the back of the chairs and in the  throw.
traditional home, scanned by me

i love my husband, but i know i am NOT alone in saying that i am GLAD that there are 8 more months until college football starts up again!
:)

12 comments:

  1. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Bama won too. I'm a Sooner girl but I can be happy for Bama. I have a lot of family that attended both Bama and Auburn. Talk about divided household?! Roll Tide:)
    Also, I recently got a wingback this past year from Craigslist for $100 and bought hound’s-tooth fabric from Mood to reupholster and it turned out fab. I did brown button tufting and brown piping on it too. Love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last image is so great! The black bookcases don't look too heavy- always my fear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this houndstooth post! I live in Tuscaloosaa and our town is electric today! I think I might just have to recover one of our sofa's in some beautiful black + white. That first pic is just gorgeous! Roll Tide to your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!! roolllll tide!!
    :)
    i didn;t want to be obnoxious about it, but i really am excited for alabama!

    erin..your chair sounds fabulous! i have been on a contrast welt kick lately too.

    nancy, i agree--the room feels really balanced and serene. you might expect it to feel a little dark and oppressive, but it's actually really beautiful.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. mary kathryn,
    i bet the town is so excited! well deserved!! especially after what y'all have overcome in the last year.roll tide!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first image has inspired me to find some fabric for my chair that is made like those!

    Oh, and I just purchased some Sally Hansen nail "stuff" that is houndstooth. Should be cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got a houndstooth accent pillow...love it and I KNOW what you mean about college football. It gets pretty loud at my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love houndstooth! My kitchen chairs are houndstooth but I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you may just be wife of the year with this post! We're big football fans, too, and I love that you incorporated the coach's signature houndstooth hat into a design post. Great idea! What a fun and unexpected way to include the hubs in a room design. Hmm. It makes me wonder what goes with Texas Longhorn burnt orange? Leather? ;) By the way, do you know more about the 7th pic (or 2nd from the bottom) with the large print on the two chairs? Cuz I'm pretty sure I've been in that room before...in a model home in the Sandy/Draper area. That was SUCH a beautiful house. LOVE love loved it. Thanks for such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo!! longhorn orange, huh? well, at least that is a nice orange color. i lived in knoxville tennessee for over 10 years, and (sorry) but that UT orange is DREADFUL!
    as far as that last picture goes....i am not sure. i know i linked to the original source, but i am not sure if it was in the sandy draper area or not. i totally need to check that out!
    :)
    autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roll tide! This inspired me on how I'm going to do our living room.I want it Alabama but not too much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete