Jun 22, 2011

big box pillows

ah...pillows. those small. soft objects can add so much to a room!
etsy has really changed the options of pre-made pillows available to those of us looking
for unique and custom pillows. but the big box stores like walmart, target and kohls
always seem to do a great job of keeping up with trends and demand. i recently spotted
some surprisingly fabulous pillows while i was out and about.
like this deep eggplant velvet number at kohls....

and this super long lumbar pillow. wow...totally love this shape! 
i LOVE the stripes. how great would this pillow look on a sofa?


check out the detail on this grey pillow! it resembles pillows i have seen that retail at $150 and up.
i am pretty sure this is from the vera wag collection. no wonder it's cute, right?
some more beauties....
the details and texture are really amazing!
fun color combo. i am finding myself more and more drawn to olive green lately....


this one is from target....love the velvet stripes.

you can never go wrong with a solid silk pillow...and for 19.99, which includes a down insert?
sign me up!
have you noticed some design-forward pillows and home accessories in surprising places recently?

9 comments:

  1. Autumn, where did you come across that black & white lumbar pillow, it's just what I've been looking for?
    Thanks, Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up some really cute outdoor pillows (ivory with beige coral embroidery) at Steinmart recently, I was very impressed with what they had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. melissa,
    good to know! i wish i had a steinmart close by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: the black and white lumbar is from kohls!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite place for pillows is Crate & Barrel. You can buy them without the insert and once on sale they have GREAT prices. I just got a bunch of brightly colored 20x20 covers for $7.95/each!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually bought a couple pillows at Target for the inserts alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pillows - I love it when you find a designer pillow at a reasonable price. And really, considering their size, should they ever really be that expensive? I just nominated you for an award too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the graphic stripes. You are right, big box stores have come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you tell me where the white with black striped lumbar pillow is from?? I am headed to Utah next week and would LOVE to pick those up!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete