Jun 24, 2011

black library: a peek

i have been collaborating with my friend jen on a few projects in her home.
(in fact the master bedroom design plan that i posted a few weeks ago was for
HER master bedroom...more to come on that for SURE.)
she used my foyer and study in house #5 as inspiration to create her entry and
her black library. we are finally done with the library, and i thought i would show
you a little peek:
i am in LOVE with the wallpaper on the ceiling! we chose to paint the small vertical
wall portion on the inside of the trey ceiling a soft black to help the wall disappear
and allow the wallpaper to take center stage. we also added the imperial trellis curtains.
i actually have some REALLY exciting news about this project, but i have to wait a
little while to tell y'all...jen and i are super excited, though! we have a great time working
together, and i love every single one of the projects we have tackled together.
anyway, what do you think? should jen and i run away together and start a design firm?

**many thanks to laurie at tipjunkie for  mentioning my safari pool party and my birds of a feather party in her "25 popular tween and teenager birthday parties" post on wednesday.


5 comments:

  1. That is a stunning room! I wrote about libraries today on my blog but I certainly don't have the space for a beauty like that.
    Love that ceiling, the doggie sillouettes and the terrarium on the table. The fresh green is a great compliment to the moody black. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wallpapered ceiling and that pendant light is just gorgeous! Very jealous - wish I had the space and light for a black room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing. I could see all the same elements in a dining room to create a really dramatic space. The ceiling is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING!! Start that design firm ASAP - you guys have some serious talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this project on Design Sponge and thought it was amazing - great great work!

    ReplyDelete