Jun 6, 2011

west elm + benjamin moore

it is often difficult to commit to a paint color, and one thing that really helps
is a recommendation from a friend or seeing a room painted in person.
 that's why i get excited when big companies like pottery barn and (now)
west elm team up with paint companies...
it's like getting a recommendation from a friend that has great taste,
and the best part is that they use these colors in their catalogs, so 
we can catch a glimpse at what the color may look like on our walls.
yay for US!
here are some of my faves:

galveston gray
ac-27
(i am thinking of using this color in my living room....more on that later.)


baby fern
2029-20
 nightfall
1596
(a great alternative to one of my favorite dark grays: kendall charcoal)

ozark shadow
ac-26

silver half dollar
2121-40

one of the things i really like about the west elm/benjamin moore 
selections is that many of the colors are wonderful neutrals that play well
with many other neutrals as well as brighter colors.
***
on a side note: it's officially summer! my kids got out of school on friday
and we are so looking forward to a fun-filled summer. of course, i will still
be posting all summer, i just may miss a day or two on account of the fun-ness with
my kiddos.
also, the redesign of my blog is nearly complete. it has been a long process, but i am 
thrilled with the results. 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Even the small jobs are agonizing for me. I have a small chest and mirror to paint and I'm at a loss as to what to do with it. Guess I'll just dive in and if I don't like the outcome I cam always do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog looks great, autumn! and i agree, i love when companies team up with retailers because there's nothing like experiencing a color in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love love Nightfall- so want a dark room somewhere in my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I still have a few rooms left to paint...maybe I can try out one of these (loving the galveston gray)! Probably only natural that West Elm pair with BM since they are the same company as Pottery Barn!

    http://mylifeasamrsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like to see a color used in a room before committing as well. I think it was in a post of yours that I read the suggestion to google the color and see if you can find an image using that paint color. I took that advice when helping with a dining room project. The homeowner wanted to use a golden yellow in a room with oak walls. I found pics of rooms with oak floors and the color I chose and the one she chose. She immediately changed her mind and loved the other color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said oak walls, I meant oak floors, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE! go with galveston gray..I painted my room a similar color and have never been disappointed with it. It's such a relaxing room to come into:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great when Restoration Hardware started selling tried and true colors...and now even more choices. The Galveston Grey looks great with white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
    as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on
    just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?


    Here is my web site ... Bmi calculations

    ReplyDelete