Jun 1, 2011

go big or go home.

i love a traditional room, but i love it even more when it has a little "kick" to it...
in these cases that "kick" is introduced with oversized light fixtures.
(via veranda)
these peach walls are so soft and dreamy, and i love the lucite bench.
this is a great example of a monochromatic room done right.
(scott laslie)
this fresh color scheme would work so well in a teenagers room. 
the matching curtains and headboard really tie this room together.
(via pinterest)
ah, well.
i pretty much want to marry this room.
and wallpaper on the ceiling? j'adore.
(yep...i speak french..."two year high school french")
(heather garrett design via decorpad)
the grey walls are such a pretty backdrop to the warm soft neutrals in this room...
and i SO want that light fixture to come and live with me!!
(mabley handler interior design)
tiny room, BIG design.
(house beautiful )
oooo. and ahhhhhh.
i SO love the orange velvet dual sided sofa, the striped floors, and the eclectic vibe of this room!
as always, lauren does amazing things when playing with scale.
(william hefner architecture interiors + landscape)
simple and classic, and the paper lantern keeps it young and not too serious.
***
oh, and just in case you are wondering, it IS possible to go TOO big:
(via pinterest)




10 comments:

  1. i also love oversized fixtures! such a statement in every room you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those big, interesting fixtures. Often, people choose a small version and the scale of the whole room is thrown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and inspiring! Except that last one, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you did this post!! I was afraid that nobody would "get" my oversized light fixture that I installed in my breakfast room. I wanted something a little unpredictable and fun! http://beachbrights.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-kitchen-before-and-after.html

    Now I feel a tiny bit validated! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me want to go and replace every single light fixture in the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second photo down, the colour of the walls and those gorgeous pink flowers - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always preferred really understated lighting, but lately I've been so drawn to statement pieces. I agree, go big or go home!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! Love that last image. I'll remember that. M

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love statement making lighting and all of these rooms (except the last one!) are spot on.

    ReplyDelete