Nov 28, 2011

the holidays + good mood board event

i hope everybody had a fantastic loooong weekend. i know i did. i cooked a LOT, we had thanksgiving dinner, watched a few movies as a family, raked uh-LOT of leaves, visited with friends, and relaxed. and no, i never got around to making the table look amazing...it just looked ok. a simple tablecloth, my white dishes, some cute striped napkins, a few mercury glass votives with candles in them, and that was it. maybe next year. *cough, cough.
a BIG thank you to everyone who checked out my curators sale at joss and main! i was really excited to see how many items sold out, and was pleased with the overall selection. i tried to include items that were budget friendly, and had an interesting and eclectic look. this was (obviously) a first for me, and it was a lot of fun and a really great experience. one of the things i realized is that joss and main has a blog! i honestly didn't know that before i was asked to curate the sale. i wrote a post for the blog that you can check out here.

anyway, back to this weekend...i spent a lot of time in my pajamas, and really tried to focus on my family. it was wonderful! thanksgiving really is my favorite holiday...i love that it is centered on eating a wonderful meal with our families. good food, good company, and hopefully some laughs and a nap. how can you top a day like that?? i also love that thanksgiving is the official gateway to christmas.

although i tried to unplug myself from the computer, i did spend a little time on pinterest. it's hard to stay away from that site! it's so addicting. in any case, looking through all of the pictures got me in a holiday mood. there is something so calming about looking at amazing houses all decked out for the holidays. 
here are a few of my favorites from the archives of my blog:











all images scanned by me from various sources over the last few years.
it's time to get out the christmas decorating tubs! (if i can find them....grrr.)
***

also, this week, i am participating in a mood board link event with some other AMAZING bloggers!


 the first three posts will be up today, and you can start by checking out the first one,
from cassity at remodelaholic by clicking here.

here is the schedule for the week:

Monday November 28th:
Tuesday November 29th:
Wednesday November 30th:
Thursday December 1:
12.  Link Party  for your boards here at Remodelaholic


2 comments:

  1. I love all of the natural elements that are incorporated into the holiday decor images you posted! I especially love picture #10!

    Sita
    www.thefamilyroomdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit Pinterest almost daily and hadn't seen any of those images,all beautiful. I always mean to decorate my porch really special like some of those but never seem to get around to it.

    ReplyDelete